Chaotic Mess

Several hours ago I composed an elaborate blog post. It was stunning. Awards were coming my way no doubt! No, I did not accidentally delete it, however, you still don’t get to read it.

Not much more than and hour later it hit me. My post is NOT working. I created a chaotic mess. The written equivalent of that handmade crochet blanket. That one you must lug around from home to home cherish forever because it was made, with love, from the skein remains of Grannie’s last 47 works of art. Fortunately, the words can be reworked.

– Take 2- Action

During the week I pay close attention to my energy level. I’m at my most active between 10:30- 1:00pm. Like clockwork at 2:30 my plug has been pulled out. Knowing that sleeping curled up in my cozy bed is best, sadly it does not always pan out. On comes the television.

Another round of brainlessly watching Netflix or HGTV shows that don’t really interest me. This is not how I should be spending my time.

I’m not going to take up crossword puzzles or read sections of SW’s unabridged dictionary; I’m sticking with TV watching. TV watching with direction.

I’ve started a small, manageable list of 10 American classic films with the criteria: I have not watched the film before; and it is on one of four (onetwothreefour) online lists I deemed credible at 4:27am 8-days ago.

Here goes the 10:

1. Breakfast at Tiffany’s 3-yellow-jackets
  2. Casablanca
  3. Citizen Kane
  4. Gone with the Wind
  5. The Graduate
  6. Miracle on 34th Street
  7. North by Northwest
  8. Singin’ In the Rain
  9. Some Like It Hot
  10. Wizard of OZ

Slowly I’m working through them. A few are great, and others not so great.

What ranks high on your list?

Thanks to my public library I can view the Classics above for free. Lucky me!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Chaotic Mess

1. You are hilarious ❤ But I don't think I could slog through the classics. I'm more of a netflix binger, myself. Breaking Bad…Game of Thrones… House of Cards… It's still TV watching with direction, but a little faster-paced and with more violence and bad words, my two favorite parts of TV watching. 😀 Love you and hope you're doing well. ❤

2. Mark says:

Sunset Boulevard or Stranger Things.

3. linnea11 says:

I love your chaotic granny afghan beginning! But I also cherish the edit button 🙂 And….Wizard of Oz is my all time favorite. But agree that GOT is an excellent diversion (got me through my last chemo). xo Linnea

4. Jamie says:

I’ve got a few suggestions: -Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

– To Sir, with Love

– Thin Man Series

– Charlie Chan Murder (series)

– Young Frankenstein

– Rear Window, Vertigo The Birds

That should keep you busy a little while longer.

xo

Sent from my iPhone

5. paula berwick says:

Try some comedy, romantic or otherwise. The list is endless. Ferris Buehler’s Day Off, Sixteen Candles, any John Hughes movies like Home Alone. Or the Marx Brothers movies. Comedy might lift your spirits. Or, Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPad

6. nmgleason says:

Chariots of Fire, Stand and Deliver, Hoosiers, Mystery Alaska, Gone With the Wind, any of the Ken Follet books made into movies. Movies about Churchill, American presidents: the Roosevelts. I crash at 2:30 as well. Movies save me. Too tired to read, no concentration to draw or knit or play piano or violin. I am only good for FB, uTube, Amazon, Nerflfix. Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. Good luck, keep watching!!! Nancy

Sent from my iPad

7. Jessica Steinberg says:

I thought every kid grew up on Wizard of Oz! Ditto what Linnea said. Just finished Season 1 of Stranger Things on Netflix — it’s really good! Thinking of you tons xoxo

8. Kim says:

My favorite classic Is “Life is Beautiful” highly highly recommend it😘

9. Brenda jones says:

That’s the way you deal life.. thumbs up buddy!!

10. Mark A Hawkins says:

To Kill a Mockingbird, The Birds, original Magnificent Seven.

11. Pingback: Ten Down | Aquarius vs. Cancer

12. Tammy Cleys says:

I do want to hear your review of “Wizard of Oz”. I believe you are a first time viewer. I am very interested in knowing how the movie is viewed by an adult without a childhood attachment to the Lollypop Kids.