Sinking Rocks

KW+SW“Kim, things are looking good, in both CNS (brain) and body.”

Relief. With a deep exhale I crumple towards my swollen belly. Hunched over, I pause and take a few breaths. In (one chimpanzee)…out (two chimpanzee); in (one chimpanzee)…out(two chimpanzee).

Thrilled, yet over come with exhaustion, I could only mutter that is wonderful.

A great conversation followed between the 4 of us in the room, doctor, nurse, husband, and me. Concerns were expressed. Goals were made. Action plan set in motion – that is as set as can be in Cancerville. My course will continue with 6-week scans, evil-decadron, of course alectinib, plus a handful of other medications to put into this body of mine.

Today, 20 hours later, parked at my dining table, a slight smile barely peaks out of inflated cheeks. Worry, sadness, depression, stress, anger, frustration, – intense feelings stowed away in my body dislodge. As if I were submerged in a pool of soothing warm water, my baggage releases. Plummeting like rocks to the bottom. No longer burdened, I am weightless. I am at peace.

This entry was posted in Test Results, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Sinking Rocks

1. Thinking of you! Love good news!💕💕💕

2. linnea11 says:

❤ Rock on girl.

xo Linnea

3. Congrats on an excellent report. Any chance you’ll be able to explore the southern half of the lower 48 before the year is out?

Hi Denise – I’d love to shout out a confident yes! However… The W’s (SW and I) are quite apprehensive to make any kind of travel plans in my/our current state. Once bitten, twice shy. Perhaps next Spring it will be easier to say “hell yes we’re hittin’ the road!” 🙂

4. Julie says:

What good news! Glad to hear it.

Congratulations, KW! I’m so thrilled for you all and can only imagine what an emotional release it is/was. Love you!

6. I am with you Kim, Keep fighting girl you are my hero for sure. I am sorry I haven’t been able to see you in so long- love and hugs- Matisse

7. paula berwick says:

Dear Kim,

I have been following your blog for a while. I have many friends who are experiencing similar I circumstances . I just want you to know we are all praying for you. You are so brave!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am so glad you got some good news!!!

Paula Berwick

Sent from my iPad

Hi Paula,

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting! Feedback is always appreciated. Thanks for the prayers – I’m always accepting of them in any shape or form they are sent. 🙂 Kim

8. naomits says:

Oh, Kim, I’m sorry for all the burdens you’ve had to carry and trials you’ve endured. It’s a relief that things are looking good now, and that those negative feelings fell away. You deserve unburdened time!

If you’re up for a visit or to meet for tea/coffee/lunch or are even just up for a delivery of food or books, I’d love to see you or drop something off. If not, no offense taken at all.

I hope you’re reading this relaxing in the sun in your back garden.

Best,

Naomi

9. matissebradford says:

I recommend step brothers for some comic relief. I have watched this movie like ten times!

10. matissebradford says:

cherish the times that you fell good and make the most of them, easier said then done. Let me know if you need anything. I know it doesn’t seem like it but I am here for ya darlin’!