Hello Stairs!

I did it. A few times even. I’m going up and down stairs to my basement.

Sounds pretty insignificant but hold your horses! It’s a big darn deal to me. Here is why…

Clothes get clean in the basement. Relying on someone else to wash and dry your garments is not for me. I like that I can carry* my delicates downstairs and personally program the washer. Control freak? Perhaps. I like taking responsibility for how things come out of the big white boxes.

*Let me elaborate on carry. Strength and balance remain impaired. My right hand firmly grasps the railing while left carries the basket by looping the handles around my forearm. Carrying is one way, down only. The clean, folded clothes need to be lugged upstairs by SW.

Glass space – oh yes! Β kimsfusedplateI have this great glass studio set up in my basement workshop. It’s great when you can access it. I still need SW to do the heavy lifting. I can live with that for now. I have stashed a few small notebooks around for me to jot down an idea when the unpredictable creativity starts to flow.

Cozy couch and monster tv (when compared to my laptop) live downstairs. We’ve not hung out for sometime now. I miss them both. I see takeout and a movie happening in my near future. Being able to walk upstairs after the whole shebang is important.

Cheers to getting around your own home!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Hello Stairs!

1. Holly Pruett says:

Well, you promised to get up to mischief when you were able. Who knew it would start with the laundry?

Thanks as always for sharing a piece of your days with us, dear Kim. Hooray for creative inspirations and one foot in front of the other (with good support for balance, of course)!

xo Holly

2. g says:

Holly said it perfectly! Love, g

3. linnea11 says:

Yea!
    And beautiful glass piece!

xo Linnea

4. Marcia Wieneke says:

Hats off to you Kimmy, one day at a time, I love reading what you have to say.
    Aunt Marcia

5. Anita says:

After your extreme medical adventures of late, it’s very good to read that you are gaining strength. I agree, laundry control is important! You will know I am on my deathbed when I ask my husband to do the laundry. And, that glass piece is fabulous.

Happy to have company in the ‘”laundry control boat”! Thanks for the glass compliment. Soon- it will have a nice pleasing shape. πŸ™‚
      Thanks for reading Anita.

6. g says:

Third attempt at sending this post. Computer issues. I was thinking about your nails yesterday – thinking how lovely even without polish. Then decided to write what I wrote instead. Happy you commented on it so I can let you know IT WAS in my head. Love, g

7. matissebradford says:

Oh goody, I am happy to hear that you are back in your studio. That glass piece is beautiful! It’s the small things in life that can be so rewarding, things we all take for granted. xo xo -Matisse

8. naomits says:

That’s great- a big improvement. Enjoy all the lovely parts of your basement! The “little” things are a lot bigger to all of us than we realize.

I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling and moving around better! Best,Naomi