Tuesday morning was brutal. I had a 7:30am appointment to get a cracked filling replaced. It’s been years since I’ve left the house by 7. I had enough coffee in my system to register the dentist say, “Kimberly, we need to replace this filling with a crown.” Sigh. Thinking of course you do I responded “okay”.
I headed off to my eye appointment, sore mouthed and temporarily crowned looking for some answers to the eye hemorrhaging. It took 2-hours to discover that the doctor I was scheduled with was not a retina specialist. Are you kidding me?! Attempt #2 to see a retina specialist will take place next week.
Wednesday afternoon the name on the caller id took my breath away. I wanted the call while dreading it. My treatment options regarding my growing brain tumor were presented to me. Wow. No smoking gun. Half-hour later I made my choice.
The growing brain tumor is not a lesion that is measured per trial. I have 5 trial lesions that are measured to determine if the trial drug is working or not. So technically, the trial drug is still working – and actually is since all other tumors in my body are still responding. If the growing tumor was a trial lesion I would be excused from the trial. Since it is not, I get to make some decisions on my own. If/when I radiate I will loose trial eligibility.
If I remain symptom free, I will see how the brain MRI looks in 5 weeks and take action if necessary. I suppose I made the decision to put it off. Seemed like the way to go.