Earth to Kimmy… Earth to Kimmy… Come in Kimmy?

Yes, I am still here. Kind of in a barely sort of way, yet, kind of not. Lets just say the last few weeks have been filled with the polar opposites of one friend having a baby and another loosing his wife to cancer. True story, that was a hell of a few days!

I am feeling…well…sturdy. Between art projects, painting my nails, bubble baths, some Janet Evanovich awesomeness, walking, and venting to a few groups of friends (Thank you glass class, Jennifer and Alison!) I have found some clarity.

The timing could not be better as I fly to San Francisco tomorrow to speak at Genentech about what it is like living with lung cancer. It would not be very cool to show up and say something like, “Uh, cancer sucks, man…yup, it really sucks,” in my best Keaneu Reeves impersonation of his acting in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure.

Now, just to get through the complicated travel bag selection. Do I use light and easy to lug around bag or the bag that is sure to give me the “4-hours of shopping room” I might just need? Now that’s a no brainer!

Oh, speaking of no brainers….  CT and MRI results from 11/3 continue to be clear, I am still NMD (no measurable disease). I am fortunate.

This entry was posted in Test Results and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Earth to Kimmy… Earth to Kimmy… Come in Kimmy?

1. I am trying to find other LDKers. Can you help me? I have been on it for about six weeks.

Sharon! That’s great you two can connect…
      I know Linnea Duff was on it but I’m not sure how reachable she is.
      I am a big fan LUNGevity…they are excellent at connecting patients!
      Cancer Grace might be able to connect you to some people.

2. Sharon Wierwille says:

So happy for you! I hope the results continue to be great. Have a wonderful time in San Francisco!

3. Sharon Wierwille says:

Stage5cancerblog – I am on LDK.

4. Sorry if I forced your hand, but am glad things are going well, safe trip xox

5. Matisse bradford says:

that is wonderful news Kim I am glad you are doing well and I miss you

6. Molly Beard says:

This is huge! Yay! No, triple yay! Have a wonderful trip 🙂

Woot for clear scan! Woot for Genentech talks! Long live Janet Evanovich! And wishing you peace and hugs and a strong seat belt with the current emotional roller coaster.

8. tammycarmona says:

So happy to hear your scans are still good!! I wish I could paint my nails! I can’t feel my fingers and I get it all over them! I’m going to have to teach my Javiee to do my nails. It’s the little things!!! 🙂

9. Tammy says: