Program, Interrupted

We interrupt this program for a Kim News Update…

newsman

It’s looking like the caner is on The Grow.  For real this time.  MRI and CT are showing slight growth.  I’m still taking the Crizotinib but a shift in treatment will likely occur after the new year.  I’m hoping to get through my birthday in mid-February on Crizotinib, but as always, time will tell.

What’s next?  It’s not looking like LDK378 like last time.  Chances are good I’ll move to a drug that goes by a few names…Alectinib or RO5424802 or CH5424802.  The trial is offered at my care center, OHSU, and my current oncologist is the lead investigator.  Both make me happy, however I’m still very unhappy about the inevitable growth.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program…

This entry was posted in Test Results, Treatment Plans and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Program, Interrupted

praying, Kim, love, gwendolyn

2. matissebradford says:

Sending hugs your way Kim

3. we are very lucky to be living in the age of new medicines for cancer. you and I both would have been long gone if not for the new research and I’m very grateful that both you and I have lots of chances to make this thing go on and on and on. I hope your holidays are amazing and wonderful and I’m looking forward to your next post.

4. grayconnections says:

Sorry to hear you’re progressing. Even though we know it’s likely, it still hits hard. Hope you get into the trial of your choice.

5. Pam Witt says:

Kim, how long have you been on Crizotinib? My little Zach has been on 2 1/2 years now and is starting to have high Creatinine. Just wondered if you had that too. Sorry to hear about the progression. Praying for wisdom for your next step.

I’ve been on Crizotinib about 27 months. A wonderful response duration. My blood work has always been within normal ranges…occasionally I had low WBCs.

I hope I’ve hired the right wisdom for my next step! 🙂

6. Tori says:

I’m so sorry to hear about the progression. I hope you get into the trial. It sounds like the side effects aren’t too bad, and it crosses the BBB. Good luck, lady!

7. Mark R. says:

Hi Kim, it’s Mark Roberts. I’m happy I found you but also very sad at the same time. I’d love to catch up.

8. Kimmy, nothing is inevitable. And it seems that you have wonderful friends and support. Praying.