Happy One!

Today Aquarius vs. Cancer turns one year old.  One Year!

Irish Oatmeal – vegan / wheat-free / organic - YUM!

Thank you readers for coming back.  Thank you followers and commenters as you two groups keep me going!  However, without ALL of you combined I would have called it quits a long time back.

I’d love to give you some spiel on what the next year will bring.  Truth is, I don’t have a clue.   I write about my cancer which is all over the place!  But, if you have any suggestions I’d love to hear them in the comments section below.  (While your commenting, click follow to get email updates!)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Happy One!

you have the most hilarious sense of humor ever!!! as for that cupcake, now i’m hungry for one – thanks…

and happy anniversary! and thank you for creating an online community.!

sorry i’m still fixated on the cupcake — what type of frosting is that..

The cupcake is from a delightful bakery called Piece of Cake. The treat is Irish Oatmeal, with cream-cheese like frosting. It’s vegan, wheat free, and organic – so Portland! It’s amazing! I served this cake to 50 friends at SW’s 40th. I left off the “vegan…etc” until all plates were clean. The crowd was shocked! Portland bakeries have excellent options for people with all kinds of diets. Lucky us.

• gwendolyn says:

thanks – never been to portland – this is reason enough to make the trip 🙂 i remember being in italy and eating lots and lots of croissants and never gaining a pound perhaps eating a ton of these would result in the same – no later muffin top!

have a nice weekend 🙂

• gwendolyn says:

which is to say perhaps portland is where “magical” food can be found – as it looks to be so 🙂

3. randallrbroad says:

Kim

I love your posts. They r real heartfelt and vulnerable. Traits I aspire to. I’m tasked w presenting next month at Hope Summit on the topic of writing/ blogging. With your permission. I would like to share some of your chronicle. Please let me know if you’re open to this for the group. I think it would be nothing less than life changing

Thanks, Randy Broad

4. Marcy says:

Couldn’t agree more about the value of your understated, deeply impactful words. Xoxo

Awww, shucks. Compliments from real writers makes me blush.

But gosh, if Sister Diana Frances could only hear you! I’m fairly certain, as a 6th grader, she thought I was a lost cause when it came to ALL things writing. I’d track her down to tell her of my compliments but I’m sure I still owe her a “stations of the cross”.

Love you Ms Marcy!

5. Beth says:

Kim – I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts – they are inspirational, funny, heartfelt, touching, meaningful – and you are an excellent writer! Thank you for taking the time and energy to let us know how things are going for you. I always look forward to seeing what you have to say, and I wish you the best. I’m so glad you are making some travel plans! Fun!
    You are in my prayers.
    Beth (fellow Oregon lung cancer patient!)

Hi Beth,
      Glad the blog is working for you…sorry your in this mess, too. I’m very excited about my forthcoming trip. It’s always nice to have a trip or event to look forward to!

I love to hear from others. Please, keep commenting Beth!

6. This anniversary you remember! Your blog helps me to know I am not alone. It makes me laugh on days I feel like crying. Thank you Kimmy.

7. Patrick says:

Happy Birthday! I for one am glad you are out there sharing, thanks!

Patrick

8. marcia wieneke says:

Kim,you are amazing how you share your journey with us, you are a very interesting writer, keeping us up-dated on your progress. Your back yard looks beautiful, just like you are. We continue to pray that all your tests will be only the best of news. Aunt Marcia and Uncle Jerry

9. Jessica says:

Congrats on reaching this milestone!

Hey lady, happy blog anniversary!! Yours is my favorite. I really enjoy the balance you strike between treatment/medical details and life reflections/what you’re learning or realizing. I’m looking forward to year 2. And I expect bouldering trip photos to continue. 😉

11. bitty says:

Happy Bloggerversary! My ears seams and I are so happy we came across your fabulous blog – I say a little cheers to you when I’m applying my post-WBR moisturizer! Looking forward to many more informative and humorous posts. And pictures of cupcakes are nice, too.

So glad it is working for you Bitty! Do you have one week left? Yay for that!

• bitty says:

Last one was a week ago last Thursday. This week has been all about moisturizing. Angry ears seams and eyeglasses are an unhappy mix! Hopefully my eyes, ears, forehead and noggin will start to calm down a bit more in the week ahead!

You’re done! Fantastic. Keep applying the creams. Wearing glasses is no fun. Can you wear them over top of a hat? My ears are sore thinking about wearing frames.

Happy healing!