Ramping up

the listHere I go again.  Eager to give cancer a beating.  This time with whole brain radiation (WBR).  My first zap takes place on Tuesday evening.  After that, I’ll have 13 more sessions.  Three weeks in all.  For the most part a Monday through Friday gig.  Very do-able.  Or, so I think now.

I’ve stayed away from doing the google search on WBR.  My research has been communicating with 2 women who went through this treatment months ago. They are still kickin…which makes me happy.  Maybe I’ll be like them.  I’m on board to try.

I still have a lengthy list of things to accomplish before I begin treatment.  The must do’s are done though.  A new spiffy hat has been purchased.  Sassy lip gloss too.  Beyond that, really, what do I need?  I suppose a refill of anti-nausea pills are a good idea.

Day one of brain mets annihilation – here I come.  Die cancer, die!  (Feels like I’ve said that line before…)

This entry was posted in Treatment Plans and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Ramping up

1. linnea11 says:

Pulling for you Kimmy and as always am impressed with your kick (cancer’s) ass attitude. Sassy hats and lip gloss rule!

Linnea

Thanks Linnea! Got my butt handed to me on Day 1 but now, I’m back with an arsenal of drugs! The things we do…

Oh, the lip gloss was an excellent purchase. I’m thinking that’s why I got carded today buying SW beer. I highly recommend every lady having some. 🙂

2. Sharon Wierwille says:

You can do it!

3. Diane Fink says:

We will help, everyone shout, “DIE CANCER DIE” keep away from our Kim. Will be thinking of you!

4. Nina says:

Hey Kim. Just want you to know I’m thinking about you and of course SW. Keep up that killer attitude my friend! You inspire me. Hugs and kisses.
    Nina

5. Gail says:

Like many others I will be thinking of you and picturing you kick cancers arse!

6. Jessica says:

Go get ’em, Kim! Don’t forget your big earrings, too!

Here are some ::big hugs:: for you. I’m proud of you for being so brave. You’re downright inspiring!

xoxo Jessica

No doubt, you will do some ass kicking! Jessica’s right, you are brave and we are ALL pulling and praying for you. xox

will most definitely be thinking of you tomorrow and during the next three weeks

9. bitty says:

You are going to demolish those bastards! I’m looking to you as my near-future inspiration!

Bitty,
      Near-future? Do you have WBR on the radar too? If so, I wish you the best. Stay in touch…

Kim

• bitty says:

We just met with the radiology oncologist this afternoon, and it looks like we’re going stereotactic since there are three mets and smallish. I’ll know better after meeting with the neurosurgeon next week. These sneaky little jerks – who do they think they are, setting up shop in our noggins? We’ll show them who’s in charge!

Glad to see you’re feeling well enough to be responding to well wishes with humor still intact!

10. Paula says:

Kim, Danny and I are on the KICK CANCER’S ASS wagon w/you. Sending much love from NC. Love, Paula

11. Jules says:

You are incredible, lovely and brave! Kick that cancer’s ass, Kimmy!

Will do Jules!
      Kinda funny I’m still going by the Kimmy Wink thing. Oh the good ol’ jock days in college! What a lifetime ago, huh? Glad your still in my life. xoxo

12. Tammy says:

Enjoy the sun today and start the fight you have prepped for tonight. You are strong and as tough as nails. Cancer should be scared! Always pulling for you in everything!!

Beautiful Warrior, if anyone can annihilate cancer, it’s you! I’m with Diane shouting “DIE, CANCER, DIE!” I’m sending all kinds of love and good juju to you and SW. xoxoxo

14. Mark Hawkins says:

All my energy and positive thoughts to you tonight! The first night of your “Kick Cancer’s Ass” tour! It’s almost time for Spring cleaning, when will your yard be ready for a sprucing up?

15. Patty says:

Hope treatment went well tonight and you had a chance to enjoy the sunshine earlier. You are one of the strongest people I know and if anyone can kick cancer’s ass it is you. Stay strong.

16. Connie says:

Kim, you know you’re in my heart big time. While you’re using your super woman powers to fight this thing let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do. Really, I’m free and I’m yours.

Hugs, Connie

17. Bonnie says:

I’ll be thinking about your cancer and mine when I’m practicing my moves in Sword Tai Chi! Take that cancer! And I’ll be dancing for you, for life, for energy, for love in tango. Bet of luck with WBR!