Off to Cancer Camp!

CameraBag_Photo_1000-12Today, my wonderful friend Marcy (the ovarian cancer warrior princess in my life) and I are off to cancer camp! We will be spending the weekend at Harmony Hill.

I’m not exactly sure what to expect.  Truthfully, it all came up so quickly.  I did not do a good job of reading all the literature either.  I know, not really a good thing, but my week got hectic towards the end of it.

Wednesday A.M. when I was headed off to my monthly OHSU triathlon (blood work, EKG, and pharmacy) I experienced some impaired vision.  I was very concerned.  Well, I cannot lie to you, I freaked out.   The result was adding appointments to my already stressful oncologist appointment week.  My eyes and optic nerve checked out okay at the eye doc.  My auto windshield is streak free after a trip to the auto spa.  All is fine and I am no longer convinced that I have a brain tumor.  To help settle my worries even more, Dr S has added a brain MRI to my next set of scans – mid February.

The timing of cancer camp is quite good.  I could use some time away.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Off to Cancer Camp!

1. Jamie says:

Kim- I have heard nothing but great things about Harmony Hill. I’ve been told it’s a peaceful, soothing place. I hope it goes well for you and your friend!

It was very nice. A post with details is coming soon. They mentioned a camp for youth who’s parents have been impacted by cancer. Might be worth checking out.

2. Jennifer Lembach says:

Have fun! Hope it is a very positive experience for you!

hope you and your friend have a good time there, safe travels

4. tammy says:

I want to hear all about it. Looks like Mardi Gras lands on your birthday this year. Potential round of hurricanes??

5. Jessica says:

I just read this post for the first time. Knowing about the spots now, you’ve got to be going back and revisiting those weird instances. I had the same thing happen with my vision. Everything checked fine at the ophthalmologist. But now I’m wondering… Cancer is a real b!tc+.

Jessica,
      Cancer is the worst uninvited guest around!
      I suppose I glazed over the phrase “no longer convinced” too. I was still thinking it was a possibility but not 100% positive. Does that make sense? Oddly, the handful of docs I talked to don’t think what I explain as vision problems are a result of the tumors. All of the suckers are so tiny – probably not causing any adverse side effects yet. Who knows though…over thinking anything leads you down a very lonely dark path.