Stressmas

Yesterday SW and I met with a lawyer to develop a will.  It’s good to have a plan but a pain to get details down on paper.  I’m also going into this plan like I am going to be the first to go.  If it does not happen that way…eek.  I’d like to say something goofy like “that would kill me” but truth is, it would not.  I would deal with it just like we all deal with the crap that comes our way.

So, it was a pretty heavy day.

When we got home we were greeted by a good-sized package on our little porch.  SW was the recipient of a ham from a wonderful friend. It was just what I needed.

I celebrate christmas.  It’s great fun but can generate lots of stress.  Now, a portion of my dinner on the 25th is taken care of.  All I need to do is bring this tasty treat to the correct temperature.  That’s something this girl can do whether the 25th turns out to be a good, so-so, or hellish day.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Stressmas

1. Nina says:

Here’s to a good day! XO

2. Patrick says:

I love the phrase, ‘stessmas’! Interesting about ‘details’. It was my wife’s Multiple Sclerosis decades ago that ‘necessitated’ us to get details in order such as wills, power of attorney, yada yada. Among everything else lung cancer now adds to the mix I never gave any thought to the ‘details’ since they were already done and updated through the years. Less heavy days are needed, wishing you lighter holidays.

I should do the same, but as I have mentioned, my husband doesn’t want to talk about it. I also was the lucky recipient of a spiral ham for Christmas Day. Lucky us!

4. Kelly Roche' says:

I, too, have a husband that doesn’t want to talk about it. In the absence of his direction, I told him that I would have him cremated and sprinkled over Nordstrom’s so that I could visit him every weekend. In hindsight, I wouldn’t recommend that approach…

5. Liz says:

I had a local lawyer put together my will. I think I was 28 years old. On the day I met with him to sign it, he told me his wife was on her way to be the second witness. His wife showed up, along with daughter and son-in-law, plus their brand new baby. It was a bit surreal, all these strangers watching me sign the will and power of attorney. But kind of nice, too, all the generations under one roof.

Merry & Happy. Enjoy every minute!

What an environment to be signing your legal documents in. I can’t help but wonder if your parents were with you. If so, I bet that was a pretty challenging situation for them to be in.

Happy solstice!

6. julie durkheimer says:

Hey Kim,
    Glad to know that you have Christmas dinner in place and that your last work-up was so favorable. I love to check in on you periodically and look forward to a time to actually see you in person. Are you practicing your mindfulness? Love to you, julie