My oncologist, Dr S, has let me decide when to get my next scan- the one that tells me what’s up with the cancer. My last scan was August 2012. My options were 8-weeks or 12-weeks from August. I’ve decided to push it to 12-weeks; taking place in November 2012.
I’m not sure what I’ll decide next time, that is if it will be my choice. Things I consider when making this decision…
- Can the growth, if detected, be managed with a 4-week head start?
- Do I want to go through “scan and wait” more frequently?
- Each scan costs me $325 out-of-pocket. (Not reached that out-of-pocket max yet.)
- Do I really want to know if my cancer is growing?
- Scans cause cancer. 🙂
The decision is all mine to make or at least it was this time. It is nice to have control over somethings in the cancer world.
After posting clarification- I’m getting a CT scan.