I got a call from my doctors office at 7:01 am today; this time I answered my phone instead of letting it go to voicemail. Dr L is sick, thus, no seeing him today.
About 20 minutes later I got another call, this time from a strange number. I reluctantly answered. It was Dr L calling me from home to check up on me and to give me the latest news. (He cares about me, I know it!)
Wednesday I will begin taking a daily dose of Crizotinib (by Pfizer). This was decided based on tests run last week on previous cell samples collected in my lung. I am still waiting on results from the recent adrenal (don’t forget the DRE!) gland tests which should be available at my Wednesday appointment. I am under the impression that the results of these tests will not change my prescription but I do not know that for certain.
During my adjustment to this chemo drug please remember to leave children at home when you come over and stay away if you are feeling under the weather.
As far as me going back to work… I want to. I hope to. With an approximate $110,000 annual prescription cost of Crizotinib I must! I will not be starting October 3rd as planned. My doctor has recommened a revised “go back to work date” of January 1, 2012. My submitted documentation supports his recommendation but as always, I will take things one day at a time and see how my body, brain, and heart feel.
Any other questions? If so, post them as comments below and I’ll respond.