SW & I met with Dr L as planned on Friday 5/27. The meeting went so much better than last time! I can honestly say I am comfortable with Dr L playing captain of the Oncology team.
Highlights from the meeting:
1. Dr L has never had a 34-year old patient with Lung Cancer.
2. I have cancer in 3 locations- upper left lung, right lymph, and left lymp. They zig & zag upwards towards my neck. The staging remains 3b.
3. The goal of the treatment plan is to eliminate all of the cancer. Treatment begins 6/6 at 8:30 am.
4. 2-months after my treatment period ends I will have a PETscan to measure the effectiveness of the radiation & chemotherapy.
5. Dr L did not make me cry when he said, “I’m very worried about you. We are all very worried about you.”
I will have biopsy results, identifying the strain of Lung Cancer, by Wednesday. Honestly, what am I going to do with that information?